Treat your locks to some TLC, to keep your hair shiny, glossy and healthy this summer.
Jonathan Long, celebrity stylist and co-founder of Lockonego salon, shares his tips for healthy hair.
- Feed your hair from the inside! Make sure your diet is rich in omega 3 and fatty acids; think avocado, mackerel, nuts and seeds. If you eat a healthy and varied diet it will show in your hair. Be sure to keep hydrated too; drink plenty of water to hydrate hair follicles.
- If you go out in direct sunlight remember that your scalp is just as likely to burn as the rest of the skin on your body. Either wear a hat or invest in a spritz that contains UVA and UVB protection.
- If you are a sun worshipper, coat your hair in conditioner before you hit the beach; this will help to keep it hydrated and your hair will be left soft and manageable when you wash it out.
- Look for alternative heat-free looks, beachy, tousled waves are always a style hit for summer and are easy to create without using heat on your hair. French plait damp hair before bed, take out in the morning and finish with a spritz of salt spray and a quick run through with your fingers. Voila!
- During the summer months you might want to avoid using artificial products in your hair, especially if they contain alcohol as this dries your hair out unnecessarily. Invest in a good hair oil: Jojoba, coconut, almond and grape seed are all brilliant ingredients to look out for in a hair oil, leave in overnight and shampoo out in the morning; you’ll notice a huge difference in the texture and feel of your locks.