Valentines Day is coming up and I never know what to make for these semi-holidays. Yeah, I’m not really a fan, the concept of Valentines Day doesn’t make sense to me. Shouldn’t we always show those we love that we love them? I guess I won’t hate too much if I get a box of chocolates and I can indulge on these Raspberry White Chocolate Cookies.
The lovely thing about cookies is that they are always so easy to make. This is actually a very basic cookie with some melted white chocolate and white chocolate chips thrown in. The cookies themselves are delicious. Just the way a cookie should be, soft and not too sweet. On top, you add raspberry jam and more melted white chocolate. Another little optional added sweetness.
I think this combination of raspberry and white chocolate is one of the highlights of Valentines Day. I mean, I think it’s a perfect combo for Valentines. Raspberry is one of my favorite things to eat and well, chocolate is chocolate. Enough said.
You’ll love these Raspberry White Chocolate Cookies for their simplicity. It’s perfect for a last minute Valentines Day gift. I don’t think very many people would turn down a delicious cookie! They also are kind of pretty, aren’t they?
I’ll be enjoying these for the next few days. Anyone else in the NYC area? I was all ready to be snowed in but I have to say I’m terribly disappointed! There’s nowhere near the amount of snow they said. I guess that’s good, but I was expecting something more exciting! Oh well, time to go snowboard down the street, after a few cookies of course
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips + 1/3 cup white chocolate chips for drizzle
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1/3 cup white chocolate chips for a few seconds. Set the other 1/3 chips aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until softened
- Add the sugar and baking soda. Beat until combined. Beat in egg and melted white chocolate until combined.
- Mix in flour
- Fold in remaining 1/3 cup of white chocolate chips.
- Drop 1 1/2 inch balls of dough on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9 to 12 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned.
- Melt the raspberry jam for about 10 seconds in the microwave.
- Spoon some on top of each cookie, not too much jam is needed.
- Melt about 1/3 cup of white chocolate and drizzle over cookies with raspberry jam.