So we’ve already done an Oreo cupcake. Why not another? Let’s make an Oreo cupcake that has a ton of cream cheese and sour cream. Yes, let’s make an Oreo Cheesecake Cupcake.
Did you hear about the Oreo controversy? I don’t care what color my Oreo is, I just want to eat it.
This is an easy recipe. It’s literally done in one bowl. You just drop an Oreo at the bottom of a cupcake tray, combine filling in one bowl, plop filling on top of Oreo. Seriously easy.
I suppose you can say the only difficult thing about this recipe is keeping them in the freezer for a few hours. They are better like that though, it’s worth it. Don’t you just hate when you have to do that? It’s so hard resisting digging into something yummy and sweet as soon as they’re done……….Oh let’s not kid ourselves, we all dig in before the recipe is done. Hello….cake batter, cookie dough, ect, ect.
Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Oreos, 20 left whole and 8 coarsely chopped
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 275F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and place one cookie in liner.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add in the sugar until well combined. Beat in vanilla. Slowly pour in eggs, beating to combine. Add sour cream. Stir in chopped Oreos by hand.
- Divide the batter, filling each cup almost to the top. Bake for about 20 minutes or until set. Allow to cool completely and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.