I just made a Greek Yogurt Nutella Cake and it is so sweet and delish. It’s not really a dessert cake. It’s similar to something you would eat at breakfast with a cup of tea. It tastes “healthier” than, say, a typical chocolate cake.
The Greek yogurt makes the cake creamy and moist. I love sour cream added to cakes and the Greek yogurt was a nice twist. I used plain because it was in my crisper but you can use vanilla.
To add to the Greekness of this cake honey and olive oil are added. Maybe it’s all in my mind but I think these two ingredients add something special.
Of course this isn’t yogurt cake, this is Greek yogurt Nutella cake. Yes, Nutella. Yumyumyum. Yum. I love the subtle hazelnut flavor Nutella brings to desserts. I love not so subtly taking a spoonful of Nutella out of the jar.
I topped our slices with warm Nutella drizzle and a dusting of powdered sugar. It’s a simple but pretty way to serve this sweet treat!
- 6 oz Greek yogurt, plain or vanilla
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a springform pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, Nutella, eggs, olive oil, honey, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 45-50 minutes. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of cake.
- Let cool before removing from the pan.
- Drizzle with warmed Nutella and dust with powdered sugar.
Recipe adapted from Jakarta Blog