Just last month I made my very first batch of doughnuts. Breakfast doughnuts were light and fluffy, truly living up to their name. Now these Funfetti Doughnuts are for when your sweet tooth is kicking you in the ass.
Like I’ve said before, doughnuts are somehow so randomly easy. These are even easier because they are made with Funfetti cake mix. A little bit of cake mix, buttermilk, eggs and butter is all you need to make the actual doughnut. What makes them special is the double glaze.
You’ve got a glaze covering the doughnuts and a frosting on top. It kind of tastes like a Krispie Kreme and that’s just fine with me. That’s like my only doughnut memory, enjoying a fresh raspberry filled Krispie Kreme.
Not weird at all I just made a ‘doughnut memory’.
- 1 box Funfetti Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 425F and grease a doughnut pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Fill each doughnut mold 2/3 full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- In medium saucepan, combine all ingredients and whisk over low heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat and top doughnuts in glaze.
- Let set on a rack with paper to catch drippings.
- Mix ingredients until smooth and spread on top of doughnuts.
Via Cookies and Cups